Organized and seamless — are two things fishermen ask for while relishing their time fishing. Pole holders give fishermen the best of both worlds — they are long-lasting to keep rods secure and safe from scratches all the time. Following is a quick rundown of how you can make the best use of pole holders:
Materials Used In The Making
The most common materials used in the making of rod holders are namely — steel, aluminum, heavy-duty plastic/ABS, or wood. Here is a simple overview of these materials and their significance for your fishing:
- Steel: This is widely used in roof racks to secure the components when driving. They ensure long-lasting racks, as they are anti-corrosive. Although these aren’t lightweight as other materials, they can still be carried around for portability.
- Plastic/ABS: This is another corrosion-resistant material that is used in the making of bank rod racks for portability around the shore. This is perhaps the lightest and most affordable option on the market.
- Aluminum: This material acts as a barrier against elements such as salt and sun. This is lightweight and easily the best for traveling. Aluminum is a tad more expensive than other materials.
- Wood: Easily the heaviest of all the materials — wood is a material that enhances the aesthetics of your rod holder. However, this is recommended to be only used for indoor purposes to prevent warping in the sun or rain.
Mounting Fishing Pole Holders
After understanding the material of your next pole holder, here comes the most complicated situation — how to install the pole holder. Following is a breakdown of how you can mount fishing rod racks:
- Take the upper and lower rack components from the package. Keep the count on the screws.
- Hold the base of the rack holder to the wall and position the level on top. Make sure it is placed evenly and screwed in securely.
- Now, using a measuring tape, measure about 42-inches and mark the position on the wall you will be installing.
- Mount the top rod holder to the wall by screwing it in.
- Lastly, place each of the rods into the rack starting with the base first. Gradually, place the top into the holder.
Best Fishing Pole Holders
With the important considerations discussed above, it is time you pick the right product for your next fishing trip. Here is a list of the best fishing pole holders:
1. KastKing Fishing Rod Rack
KastKing is undeniably the most lauded brand in the fishing accessories industry. This holder is built to accommodate poles of all brands. The main selling point of this gear is its capacity of the number of rods it can hold — 12 to 24 rods. The holder’s space-saving design eats minimal space if placed on the floor.
Moreover, this rod rack can be installed anywhere in your home — garage, cabin, and even in your living room. The lightweight and simpler installation process makes this a travel-friendly gear. The rack features cushioned grippers that hold the rods securely and steadily. In addition, the high-quality aluminum prevents the rack from rusting.
This KastKing fishing rod rack is a complete safety package that ensures poles from different brands find a secure storage space. Also, you can get this rod rack in two different color variants — black and silver/black.
2. Berkley BAVRR Vertical Rod Rack
Berkeley’s budget-friendly BAVRR Vertical Rod Rack is a suitable gearbox for accommodating up to six rods. However, this pole holder also offers a four-rod holder model that comes in a horizontal design. Built using plastic and coupled with foam holders, this rack can be easily mounted on all kinds of walls.
The foam holders bring safety and are included in both six and four-pole holder models. Besides this being a space-efficient and economical accessory, this is anti-corrosive for lasting performance. The rod holder does find an ideal space in garages or outdoor sheds and does give a run for the money to top-end brands in keeping the rods off and away from the ground.
All in all, Berkley Vertical Rod Rack has the built capacity to help all kinds of anglers in the long run. This is built to securely hold poles conveniently in a place that doesn’t require frequent monitoring.
3. Rush Creek Creations Fishing Pole Rack
The much-talked-about product on the list of best fishing pole holders is an 8-rod capacity holder from Rush Creek Creations. This versatile pole rack features six removable butt caps, offering rods to be stored in different positions like vertical, horizontal, and on the ceiling. The handcrafted wood grain laminate makes the gear look appealing to the eyes.
This pole holder boasts rod clips that hold the fishing rods securely. Like the previously mentioned models on the list, this one too is simple to assemble. The rod rack is elegant and prevents your poles from damage, while also keeping up with the decor of your living room and lifestyle.
Rush Creek Creations’ pole holder has a hassle-free assembling process, allowing you to spend more time fishing and hunting. This pole rack comes in 8 and 11-rod capacity and is available in five different variants.
4. Rack’em Overhead Fishing Rod Rack
The best place to securely hold all your rods is to have them mounted on the ceiling, and what better equipment than Rack’em Overhead to stock the accessory? This heavy-duty pole holder is available in two size variants — 12 and 6-rod configurations. Both of these sizes can be easily installed on your wall or ceiling.
Furthermore, the holders are wide and can afford to accommodate different sizes, styles, and shapes of poles. The heavy-duty steel construction of the rack makes organizing a bit easier and more convenient. Moreover, the customizable length of the holder extends to the space that is available.
Rack’em Overhead is another versatile model that mounts easily in your garage, boat, boathouse, camp, or cabin. Also, this is a recommended rack for both indoor and outdoor purposes — with great protection from sun or salt.
5. Redneck Convent Fishing Pole Vertical Floor Display Rack
The Redneck Convent Fishing Pole rack is one of the most preferred options in the market. This 16-capacity rod & reel rack features very convenient assembling and installation. You can keep the stand anywhere you think is right.
The flawless design is specifically made to help you access the fishing poles easily. It is safe to keep poles of all shapes and sizes. The rack is quite lightweight and the robust construction vouches for durability & efficient performance. Its two handles provide convenience to pick and stand anywhere you want. A right stand or holder enhances the life of the poles themselves by keeping them intact from any damage.
This model serves the same purpose with ease. Also, it is a space-efficient design that enhances the corner look of your space. With durability, sturdy construction, and the finest material, you will find this pick useful and affordable as well.
6. Rush Creek Creations Round Spinning Fishing Rod Rack
Finishing up this list of best fishing pole holders — we have the Rush Creek Creations’ Round Spinning Fishing Rod Rack. The aesthetics of the rack compete with the LUXHMOX’s holder stand. The enticing design and 30-rod capacity meet the requirements of many fishermen. The handcrafted wood grain laminate amps up the look and feel of the model.
This rod rack features six special rod clips with a dual clip mechanism, accommodating space for two freshwater rods or one saltwater rod of about 1.25-inches in diameter in the same clip. The 2-piece wooden center and base make accessing rods easier and more seamless.
The assembling process is straightforward even outdoors, as there is no requirement for tools. Rush Creek Creations fishing rack has the reputation of offering maximum storage capacity; this model here is capable of accommodating up to 30 rods. It is available in three color variants — dark, light wood, and rustic light wood.
A top-notch pole holder is sturdy enough to securely place all your favorite rods. They come in different forms and sizes that have become essential tools. KastKing Fishing Rod Rack and Rush Creek Creations Fishing Pole Rack are some of the best available that we’d recommend. They are light, rugged, and the handiest pieces to have onboard while fishing.
Have some of these your favorites? Let our readers know the benefits a pole holder can bring in whilst fishing.
FAQs of Best Fishing Pole Holders
Is it important to completely dry a fishing rod before storing it on the rod holder?
Yes. The importance of rinsing the rod completely before storing it in the fishing rod rack is significant. Rinsing is advised to completely wipe off elements like corrosive salt water from the rod. Lastly, take a dry towel to dry both the rod and reel.
Do all-pole holders accommodate all rods?
Yes, most of the pole holders do. Holders on boats come in either universal size or adjustable size that provides space for all kinds of fishing rods. Before buying the holder you may want to check with the manufacturer or better read user reviews available easily on major e-commerce platforms.
What are common things to consider before buying a fishing pole holder?
Usually, people get overwhelmed by a wide array of options available for pole holders. But before spending money, take a minute to look into the features and then decide. Here are some points that you must keep in mind while buying a pole holder!
- Check out the quality of the rack, its construction, design, sturdiness, and durability aspect.
- Go through customer reviews to check whether the option is correct for you or not.
Shortlist your needs and then check whether the rack will fulfill your expectations or not.
- Check out warranty terms.
- Do research on the return policy and customer support service.
- Go through the price details and compare them with other brands & their features.
How to check the quality of holders?
The basic way to check the quality is to check the type of material used and the process followed in production. The quality products don’t break quickly, they last for years. So, the material used in that, the way it has been assembled, customer service, price, and customer reviews help you know whether it’s a quality product or not. The product list we have shared above is the best in customer reviews. The users found it sturdy that lasts long.
What are the different types of vehicle-mounted fishing pole holders?
Usually, two types of vehicle-mounted pole holders remain on the market, an open rack and an enclosed case.
- Boasting many styles and configurations, Open Racks are usually preferred by the users. These can fit inside and outside the vehicles. However, the loophole is the poles are more exposed to weather that downgrade the poles in performance & output.
- Enclosed Cases provide sheer protection to the poles. These have separate parts for the rods and are internally padded that keep the poles & rods intact from any damage. However, this is quite an expensive option and is usually preferred by serious anglers.